Try the steps mentioned here in the same sequence for them to work.
First, let's make sure you have a Facebook Business page/profile and Instagram Business profile. The feature doesn't work for individual/personal account type.
Step 1: Unlink Instagram from Hashtag Expert
Because you tried linking your Instagram before, it’s possible that your Instagram is already linked even though it’s not working. Let’s do a quick check and remove if it’s there.
1. Tap the Profile tab at the bottom right corner of the app.
2. Next, tap the gear button at the top right to go to Settings.
3. Now, tap Profile at the top.
4. Now here you'll see an option to unlink Instagram only if it's already connected. Tap on it and the Instagram account will be removed from there.
Step 2: Unlink Hashtag Expert from Facebook
In order to disconnect Hashtag Expert with Facebook:
● Open Facebook (desktop browser).
● Click on the profile icon/photo.
● Tap Settings & privacy.
● Tap Settings.
Now on the same page, you'll see Business Integrations.
● Tap Business Integrations.
● Now a new page will pop where you can see all the existing integrations.
● Tap "Remove" to unlink Hashtag Expert from your Facebook, assuming it’s already there.
Step 3: Disconnect & Reconnect Instagram with Facebook
Now we're going to disconnect and reconnect Instagram with Facebook.
● Open the Facebook page to which you're connected to your IG business account (desktop browser).
● From there, click on the top right corner, where you see the profile photo/logo of the page.
● Settings & privacy.
● On the Settings page, you’ll notice Linked accounts
● Click Linked Accounts and a new page will open up where you can see the connected accounts. Now Disconnect and reconnect the account.
Step 4: Connect Instagram with Hashtag Expert through Facebook.
- Open the Hashtag Expert app.
- Tap the Profile tab at the bottom right corner of the app.
3. Next, you'll see at the top an option to connect your Instagram through Facebook. Tap on it to sign in through your Facebook.
4. Follow the steps as you see and make sure to allow all permissions to Hashtag Expert for the feature to work.
5. You can also add multiple eligible profiles.
If it still doesn't work, try clearing browser cache and cookies, and try the steps again, it should work.
How to Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- Go to iPhone Settings → Safari → Clear History and Website Data. Tap to clear history, cookies, and browsing data.
- If you wish to keep browsing history but delete cache and cookies, go to Settings → Safari → Advanced → Website Data → Remove All Website Data.